On October 14, more than 500 members of NOAH, PUSH-Buffalo, and VOICE packed Holy Cross Catholic Church on Buffalo's Lower West Side to demand their public officials stand up for the changes needed in their communities.
Accomplishments of the meeting included:
1) Commitment of Erie County Executive's Office to appoint a VOICE and NOAH leader to Niagara Erie Regional Coalition (NERC) Board - the body that enacts the framework for regional growth.
2) Commitment to meet with Family Service Commissioner Carol Dankert in regards to appointing a person from the administration to the Women and Children's Task Force to prioritize Day Care Funding.
3) Smart Growth Bill signed by the Governor.
4) Elimination of Fare Zones on Public Transit.
5) Public Commitment from Senator Antoine Thompson to encourage Public Service Commission Chairman Garry Brown to hold a Public Forum on reforming National Fuel's conservation program.
6) Delivered over 300 signed public comments to the Public Service Commission asking that National Fuel's conservation initiative be reformed, and that a Public Hearing be held in Buffalo.
7) United over 20 Community Groups and over 100 community members around PUSH's National Fuel Campaign and rallied and marched to the Public Meeting.
8) Commitment from Mayor Paul Dyster from Niagara County to hold a joint meeting with NOAH and craft a local hiring agreement for development projects in Niagara Falls. The Mayor will bring the developer to the table and create jobs for community residents of Niagara Falls.
Some of the press coverage:
By NYSA on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM| No TrackBacks
Categories: Recent Activities
TrackBack URL: http://www.nystimulusalliance.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/20